Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Wannabe Culinary Arts Honors Class

          Well I'm in high school and I enrolled in the new Culinary Arts class that we have and I am very disappointed with the class. One of the first things we made were donuts using biscuit dough.  One kid in the class had the nerve to tell me he for got how to cut a pepper and I showed him.  I told them I'm a cook at  a hotel,but I guess they thought I was bragging.
            What we are basically doing is we are learning about different regions in the world and learning about the foods and the teacher find recipes off of the internet and we make them.  We dont plate up the food we just sit down and eat.  I told the teachers that we should plate the food up and make it look presentable besides flopping down and eating  it but no one too my advice. I also told the teacher that we should be learning knife skills,but the teacher said since this is a honors class we should already have them.
        


        I laugh when I watch these people cut things and how they cut.  I mean your suppose to rock the knife and take advantage of its shape,but they just slame the knife down on the food.  The class is a joke to me and I Learn more at work in one day than I will probably learn in one month in that class.  I mean the kids in the class dont even know what a mirepoix  is or how to make sauces or stews.  Alls we do is  find a recipe make it and eat that's it.  Well I'm off to learn some new stuff at work.

2 comments:

  1. dude, do you really expect other high school kids to actually know what mirepoix is? i worked in restaurants for probably four years before i learned what it was, or ever tried making a soup that didn't come out of a can. anyway, sounds like an easy A to me, and an obvious opportunity to show your skills to hot chicks

    ReplyDelete