Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Student teacher

We  have this new student teacher that is doing her intern at my school and she teaches us or tried to teach us.  She went to Culinary School,but is majoring in nutrition.  She think she knows everything.  She knows I'm a cook at a hotel I told her and such and everything I do she always compares to my job.  She asked me how do I triple a recipe I said "Just multiply it by 3" Then she was like"no that's wrong when ever you work on the line you need to learn how to double and triple recipes and bla bla bla"  First off in a restaurant you make things in bulk and if you need more salt you add more salt if you need more liquid then you add more cream or water depending on what your making. I dont know how she can compare this silly class to a Restaurant. I'm thinking who the hell does this lady think she is?  First off she even told us she is only a waiter at a Diner some where and she isn't a cook or anything,but it seems like she is telling me how to do my job all the time.She has no experience on a line at all.  She was telling me when I go to work I should always use a a thermometer even for the burgers? WTF when its busy as hell I will definitely not have time to stick a thermometer in every damn burger.  I understand for steaks but for burgers?  She also tells me that steaks should never get cooked to rare and a whole bunch of other crap.  I get trained by a professional chef everyday I definitely dont need her to dictate to me when she has never worked in a restaurant kitchen ever as a cook.   Don't get me wrong she does know her stuff,but she needs to know that I have experience too.  I always say Just because you can fly an airplane on a computer it doesn't mean you can fly a real airplane.  Shes leaving next week and I'm really really happy about it. I work for a Hotel and am getting trained properly I know I'm still learning and will always learn,but she doesn't give me credit for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment