Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm a hard worker

For the past few days I've been working my ass off at work.  Friday I worked 2 till 11 and we were busy until I got in all the way until about 9.  We have never been that busy before.  Than Saturday I worked from 11 to 11 and it was busy when I came in so I had no time to set up or anything I just hung up my coat and helped the cook that was there in the morning.
                   

          Since we are a hotel we do wedding tastings (When a couple comes in to taste a preview of the food at there wedding.)  The line cook thats usually there when they come in usually does this,and I was there so I prepared Miso Marinaded Salmon over a pilaf of rice and some vegetables,and after they ate the meal the chef went out and asked them how they liked it and they loved it.  They said the salmon was cooked perfectly and I smiled as he was telling me and the chef said   "Its because of me thats why it was good"  Even though I cooked the Salmon.   Well he tell me how to make the marinade and he did help me plate it up and stuff,but if I was a chef I would have said the same thing to the rookie cook.  The chef is a good teacher though and he is very patient so when ever he jumps on the line I learn allot.


                           Later on that day one of the other cooks came in and it was just him and I a two man line,and it got busy.  It got really busy everything went smooth.  The other cook was yelling at me and I yelled back at him.  The waiter got mad at use because as soon as we sent out the appetizer we made ther entree and we thought 15 minutes would be a perfect amount of time for that table to finish there App but they were still eating and the table complained saying they didnt want the entree because it had been sitting in the window a while so we had to make it fresh So I was like"What the fuck"  The waiter said" Do not say fuck bro its your guys faults"  Me an him always get in arguments and he pisses me off I have to keep my calm with him,but after everything was over we all apologized to each other and such. It was  a busy day and the bad part about it is there were only 2 cooks 2 dishwashers and 2 waiters.  All the Managers went home so there wasn't anyone expediting.

1 comment:

  1. More professional kitchens have ticket systems. Step one is the call out( get this stuff ready. kind of like on deck in baseball)- ordering two salmon and one shrimp, Step two will be Fire(start cooking)- two salmon and shrimp, last is Pick Up(plating)- picking up two salmon and one shrimp.

    ReplyDelete