Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Lobster Tail Soup!

Well Yesterday We were running low on Lobster Chowder,and the other cook nor I knew how to make it.  So I got a note pad and a   Pen and asked him how to make it.  He wrote it down for me instead.   First you had to saute your mirepox had some garlic then some other ingredients,and  then he told me to add Lobster bodies.  Well being to rookie that I am I went in the freezer and added (What I thought were lobster bodies) but they were lobster tails and I sauteed them with the mix.  He didn't notice it until about 5 Minutes and rushed to the pot and he just took Them out.  "I said Lobster bodies not Lobster tails,now go get some lobster bodies out of the fridge."  I found them this time. He told me they were 19 dollars a pound and I put 3 in.  He dint make a big fuss over it he just said "Now you know not to do it again" and he told me about his past experiences and mistakes. He enjoyed telling that story to the staff.  I'm probably going to have to hear that for along time.  Well the rest of the day turned out good,and the soup came out tasting good.  It wasn't really busy I dont know why.  Well I learned a valuable lesson. Now I can make that Chowder soup again with any problem.




Heres a pic I took a while a go of our Chowder soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment