Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Worked the line

I worked the line last night.  Excuse my spelling mistakes because its about  6 in the morning and I have to go to school soon.  Well Yesterday I came into work preped up my side of the line.  One of the other cooks left a note  saying   "Make Crab mix,and Travis(my name) the cocktail sauce looks like ketchup".  I'm like umm I dindnt even make any Cocktail sauce.  The cocktail sauce is in the pantry and I haven't worked Pantry since Monday so I dont know,but the chef  came over It told him I didn't make it,but he still said taste everything it doesn't matter.  I understood where he was coming from and I tasted it and it did taste like Ketchup iy had enough horseradish in it So I put a little bit more Conqac  in it.  I guess I was just a bit defensive since the other day someone blamed me for cutting the New York strips wrong and I had never even cut any New York Strips.  I got to work early that day I heated the sauces put them in the steam table and such.  We weren't that busy Yesterday,but I learned something.  The chef asked "What did you learn"  I said"Taste stuff the chef replied "Taste What"  I then said "Taste everything"  The Chef then said "Good I got alittle worried there"  Then the sous chef said "I stopped worrying about him I'm in acceptance now" funny moment I guess. I worked with the sous yesterday well hes really not a sous chef hes a cook too,but he acts as one.  He still nagged at me and such about the Mash being warm,but I understood where he was coming from.  Anyway I have to go to school now and then after school back to work again,but I'm happy because today is pay check day.



The picture is a New york Strip Accompanied with Garlic Mash and Vegetable's.

1 comment:

  1. never take the blame for stuff you didn't do, and ALWAYS take the blame for things you did. there's nothing wrong with screwing up, just admit you did and move on. and taste taste taste. you should be familiar with everything on your menu...whether you like it or not, you should know what it tastes like, so if it's wrong you can fix it easily.

    ReplyDelete